Subject: Re: [boost] Process for the Community Maintenance Team
From: Marshall Clow (mclow.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-29 01:56:49

On Jan 28, 2014, at 9:20 PM, Cox, Michael <mhcox_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 6:17 PM, Marshall Clow <mclow.lists_at_[hidden]>wrote:
>
>> I’ve put up a set of procedures for the Boost Community Maintenance Team
>> (CMT)
>> on the wiki at:
>> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/CommunityMaintenance
>>
>> Comments welcomed.
>>

> The CMT will operate on a "propose and review" process, where a change goes
> through the following phases.
>
> 1. Someone decides to work on a bug/test failure/etc and announces this
> on the mailing list.
>
> Will the CMT have it's own mailing list or use boost-devel? In the case of
> a separate mailing list, you should add it to Boost's mailing list web page
> and have a link to it.

Already there - on the top of that page.

        The boost-maint [link] mailing list is where the team holds discussions and makes decisions.

[ snip ]

> 1. Discussion may ensue on the ML about the best way to proceed.
> 2. The code/tests/docs are developed and a pull request is made (on the
> list).
> 3. The request is reviewed by other members of the list. (repeat steps 3
> and 4 as necessary)
> 4. The request is committed to the "develop" branch by a CMT manager who
> notifies the person who made the pull request.
>
> Just to close the loop...
>
> 1. The person who made the pull request is responsible for verifying all
> the tests passed, and notifying the CMT manager when it is ready to be
> merged to “master"

I’m not sure what you’re suggesting here.

There’s already a
        6. The person who made the pull request is responsible to watching the test results, and notifying the CMT manager when it is ready to be merged to “master"
on that page.

I like your wording better, but I think you mean something more.

— Marshall