Subject: Re: [boost] [docs][website] Can the docs on the website be xhtml + svg?
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-31 09:21:22

On 31 Jan 2014 at 13:29, John Maddock wrote:

> I've been investigating getting better equations and graphs into the Math
> lib docs and one prerequisite seems to be serving up pages as XHTML rather
> than HTML: without that SVG's simply do not display correctly (or at all) in
> IE. The docbook xhtml generation seems to be working OK, but would the
> pages get served correctly on the current website?

I assume you mean that the HTTP response says Content-Type:
text/html?

Have you tried renaming the .html files to .xhtml? That should solve
the XHTML delivery problem.

Failing that, I'd supply a suitable .htaccess file for Apache to
override the response headers just for your project. Changing the
default site-wide is likely to have unexpected consequences.

Niall

--
Currently unemployed and looking for work in Ireland.
Work Portfolio: http://careers.stackoverflow.com/nialldouglas/