Subject: [boost] named_condition_any not working.
From: Marius Adrian DOBRESCU (marius.dobrescu_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-31 16:06:11

Hello!

I tried to use into my code an interprocess mechanism like producer/multiple consumers with named_sharable_mutexes.

I found out that named_condition_any is not working with any kind of scoped locks. Neither with sharable_mutex or simple named_mutex. It takes the lock successful but cannot unblock another process when notify is called.

I used linux, gcc 4.8, just basic build, linking with pthreads.

Is this a known issue to you because I couldn't find any info related on the Internet?

Maybe I can take a look next week what is in there...

Adrian