Subject: Re: [boost] SQL: next iteration of sqlpp11
From: Mateusz Łoskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-04 15:11:33

On 4 February 2014 17:46, Rodrigo Madera <rodrigo.madera_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 7:40 AM, Sebastian Theophil <stheophil_at_[hidden]
>> wrote:
>
>> using boost::optional is the canonical solution that is also impossible to
>> misinterpret.
>>

> +1
>
> This is the solution that the competing library SOCI uses [1].
>
> Regards,
> Rodrigo Madera
>
> [1] http://soci.sourceforge.net/doc/3.2/boost.html

I'd suggest to not to consider the two as competing libraries,
but rather complementing.

Please, refer to Roland's comparison [1] w/ major difference outlined

"sqlpp11 assumes that you know your tables at compile time"

In fact, there is room for some collaboration [2]
"option would be to write a sqlpp11 connector library for SOCI"

[1] http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2013/11/208391.php
[2] http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2013/11/208394.php

Best regards,

--