Subject: Re: [boost] [algorithm] Review Request: edit_distance
From: Phil Endecott (spam_from_boost_dev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-05 10:26:34

Erik Erlandson <eje_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> I have received your request and will add the library to the
>> review schedule.
>
> Thank you Ron!
>
> I have a question.
>
> I was looking at the current review schedule:
> http://www.boost.org/community/review_schedule.html
>
> Taking the '10 days per review' as typical, it appears that
> there is a six-month backlog of reviews. Assuming 10 day
> review sessions, back to back. That seems like a long backlog,
> am I missing something?

As a proposed addition to Boost.Algorithm, my understanding is
that this applies (from the Boost.Algorithm introduction):

   I will be soliciting submissions from other developers, as
   well as looking through the literature for existing algorithms
   to include. [...]

   My goal is to run regular algorithm reviews, similar to the
   Boost library review process, but with smaller chunks of code.

To date I don't believe that any code other than the originally-
reviewed content has been added to Boost.Algorithm. Marshall,
are you reading this? How do you propose to handle it?

Regards, Phil.