Subject: Re: [boost] [Fibers] Performance
From: Bjorn Reese (breese_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-08 08:14:00

On 02/06/2014 11:07 PM, Gavin Lambert wrote:

> How are you imagining that the modes change?

As we are exploring the limitations of the Asio model, I would say that
the mode can change in any imaginable manner: it could alternate between
two modes on each request, or it could change only a subset of the
requests rather than all, just to name two. And this would be completely
transparent to the client, because it the general case it is not simply
a matter of accepting or rejecting requests, but about processing them
differently.

So I guess that it boils down to:

   1. Can I replace a continuation after the function has been
      initiated?
   2. Can I group several of such replacements so that they will be
      replaced at the same time (or at least before the next event
      occurs)?