Subject: Re: [boost] Developing a (nearly new) library possibly to be proposed for Boost
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-10 12:34:33

As I surmised :-).

> > When I assumed this, I found it impossible to GIT clone my existing
> > 'simple' library into the /libs folder as it is not empty, so the 2nd
> > line
> >
> > git clone git_at_[hidden]:Beman/simple.git
> >
> > fails.
>
> Just cd to modular-boost's libs subdirectory, open a terminal, then
>
> git clone git_at_[hidden]:MyName/mylibrary.git

This doesn't work for me as I haven't got SSH set up right?

I:\modular-boost\libs>git clone git_at_github:Beman/simple.git
Cloning into 'simple'...
ssh: connect to host github port 22: Bad file number

and the repository exists.

> or what I use since I avoid SSH on Windows:
>
> git clone https://github.com/MyName/mylibrary.git

This works OK, as I originally expected it to work using Tortoise GIT

I:\modular-boost\libs>git clone https://github.com/Beman/simple.git
Cloning into 'simple'...
remote: Reusing existing pack: 12, done.
Unpacking objects: 100% (12/12), done.
Checking connectivity... done.

BUT it doesn't for me as I expected using Tortoise GIT. There is no clone option :-(

I had hoped to avoid the antediluvian command line ;-)

> Provide a symbolic link to the directory. From the modular-boost boost
> directory:
>
> mklink /d mylibrary ../libs/mylibrary/include/boost/mylibrary

OK - but is the /D option correct and why?

/D creates a symbolic link, or a soft link.

where b2 headers produces hard links (at present).

Is this just a temporary 'feature'?

Thanks for your helpful advices.

Paul

---