Subject: Re: [boost] Developing a (nearly new) library possibly to be proposed for Boost
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-21 13:35:04

Doh! Schoolboy error :-(

To get symlinks, everything one does *must* have admin privileges.

I was clicking on the wrong icon to get a command DOSBOX :-(

To avoid potential confusion, I have now changed the admin one so that it is a different color :-)

Thanks as usual.

Paul

PS Other may find is help to know that I have also (after a bit of time with my favourite search
engine),
for added convenience, edited the cmd.exe shortcut to that the Target: field is changed from just

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /K "i: & cd .\modular-boost\"

This changes partition from c: to I; and then cd to modular-boost.

If one is working a particular library, say math, then adding \your-favorite-library might be good
too?

For example:

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /K "i: & cd .\modular-boost\math"

If you just use c:\modular-boost, say, then it would be just

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /K "cd .\modular-boost\"

HTH - but other tips and tricks welcome.

---
Paul A. Bristow,
Prizet Farmhouse, Kendal LA8 8AB  UK
+44 1539 561830  07714330204