Subject: [boost] [GSoC] pipelines questions
From: Thaler Benedek (thalerbenedek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-24 15:58:09

Hi,

I'm interested in the Boost.Pipelines proposal of GSoC 2014. [0] I'd like
to ask the stakeholder (Vicente J. Botet Escriba ?) the following:

* Is this supposed to be built from scratch or rather to be some kind of
improvement over the already existing google implementation? [1]

* If the former is true, should be n3534 [2] considered as a strict
requirement or as a vague suggestion?

* If the later is true, which features should be the main distinctive ones?
I think about things like using Boost libraries (e.g: Boost.Atomic) instead
of custom solutions, cross platform support, comply to Boost coding
standard, etc. Are there any areas of improvement identified in the
reference implementation?

* I understand it might take quite a long time for a proposal to make it to
Boost, therefore it's not a requirement. Is there any objective milestone
that a successful project should reach anyway?

Thanks,
Benedek

[0]: https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoC2014#Boost.Pipelines
[1]: