Subject: Re: [boost] [GSoC-2014] Has Boost been retained?
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-28 10:27:51

On 28 Feb 2014 at 9:51, David Bellot wrote:

> By the way, do we already know how many slots we will have ?

GSoC looks like this:

1. Students submit proposals to Google based off of the instructions
at https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoC2014.

2. We the Boost community peer review the proposals and rank order
them.

3. Google reviews the proposals and our rank ordering and peer review
comments.

4. Google chooses which proposals they wish to fund. They usually
resemble our rank ordering, but not always. The number of proposals
they choose to fund is not known by us beforehand.

For reference, 2006-2011 had ten slots. 2013 had seven slots. I
personally would expect seven or less in 2014 as Google are
increasing the number of open source projects, but allocating fewer
slots to each.

Niall

---
Boost C++ Libraries Google Summer of Code 2014 admin
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoC2014