Subject: Re: [boost] [GSoC 2014] Http Server Proposal
From: Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira (vini.ipsmaker_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-03 03:06:30

Em Seg, 2014-03-03 às 08:20 +0100, Damien Buhl escreveu:

> Hi Vinícius,

Hi Damien, thanks for the feedback. And you write emails like
MarkDown(?).

> Perhaps it's not bad to look at what Artyom Beilis does with cppcms :
> [http://cppcms.com/wikipp/en/page/main
> ](http://cppcms.com/wikipp/en/page/main)

I'm familiarized with cppcms. The author wrote nice benchmark
projects/texts[1][2] that inspired me to try to achieve the same some
day.

> And others things like
> [https://github.com/metagoto/fcgixx](https://github.com/metagoto/fcgixx).

I just did a fast incautious read through the project now that you
mentioned. It looks like it won't serve as inspiration to a generic
project like I want, but more like an implementation thing. I'll check
it appropriately and maybe comment more later anyway.

> And considering http, it could perhaps be valuable to look at SPDY /
> HTTP 2.0, because even if it will be as compatible as possible with
> HTTP 1.1 I believe that features like server push transactions should
> be taken into account in your library API. As you spoke about
> websockets you should have thought to something similar.

Yes, there was an interesting talk about HTTP/2.0 on linux.conf.au[3]
that I watched (thanks to the provided online records) several weeks ago
and I'll of course take that in account in my proposal.

> You spoke about embedded, having facilities or an API which abstracts
> protocols like CoAP translation from/to HTTP would also be nice in my
> opinion.

I've never read about CoAP. Thanks for bringing this up. I'll check it
out.

[1] http://cppcms.com/wikipp/en/page/benchmarks_php
[2] http://cppcms.com/wikipp/en/page/benchmarks_all
[3]