Subject: Re: [boost] Segment Tree Implementation for GSoC 2014
From: Rob Stewart (robertstewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-04 05:16:24

On March 3, 2014 11:08:22 PM EST, Kevin Zuniga Garate <kevin.zun_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>A data structure I have learn from participating in those contests is
>segment tree.
>
>A segment tree is a data structure for storing data and querying and
>updating it in intervals, I haven't found a segment tree library in
>C++, so
>I thought it may be a good data structure for Boost.

I know nothing about that data structure but what Wikipedia tells me. There I noted two things. First, the data structure is similar to an internal tree, which makes me wonder how it compares to Boost.ICL[1]. Second, they say it's immutable, but you mentioned updating it.

___
Rob

[1] http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/release/libs/icl/