Subject: Re: [boost] Review request for Boost.Align
From: Glen Fernandes (glen.fernandes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-05 00:06:22

On 2014-02-22, Ron Garcia wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have recieved your request and will add this library to the review schedule.
>
> Best,
> Ron

Description updated below. Code and documentation also updated.

Code:
  http://github.com/glenfe/align/
Docs:
  http://glenfe.com/align/doc/

  This library provides function boost::align() for implementations
which do not have the C++11 standard library std::align() function
available.

  It provides allocation functions boost::aligned_alloc() and
boost::aligned_free() as their functionality is not yet available in
the C++ standard library. They use platform specific functions, such
as posix_memalign(), aligned_malloc(), memalign(), if available, or
use standard library functions in conjunction with boost::align().

  It provides C++ allocators, class templates boost::aligned_allocator
and boost::aligned_allocator_adaptor, which respect alignment.
  - The first is a replacement for the standard default allocator and
uses boost::aligned_alloc() and boost::aligned_free().
  - The second turns an existing allocator into one that supports
alignment by using the allocator in conjunction with boost::align. It
supports all C++03 and C++11 allocators, including C++11 allocators
whose 'pointer' type is a smart pointer, and C++11 minimal allocators.

  It also provides function boost::is_aligned() to test the alignment
of a pointer.

-- end

Glen