Subject: Re: [boost] clang on mingw
From: Lars Viklund (zao_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-05 07:41:22

On Wed, Mar 05, 2014 at 12:19:55AM -0500, Edward Diener wrote:
> On 3/4/2014 7:01 PM, Peter Dimov wrote:
> >Edward Diener wrote:
> >
> >>C:\Programming\VersionControl\bmw64_clang>cmake
> >>-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -G "MinGW Makefiles" ..\llvm
> >>CMake Error: CMake was unable to find a build program corresponding to
> >>"MinGW Makefiles". CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM is not set. You probably need
> >>to select a different build tool.
> >
> >Is the MinGW bin directory in your PATH?
>
> Yes. Is it really failing because it cannot find a MingW installation on my
> PATH ? The cmake help says that "MinGW Makefiles" is a valid build type but
> maybe it needs to match something in the llvm CMakeLists.txt.
>
> I will ask about this in the cmake mailing list.

The heuristics it has is something along the lines of:
"do we have mingw32-make.exe in PATH, but not sh.exe"? [1]

The sh.exe test is to avoid having a MSYS or Cygwin in PATH, for which
you should instead use the corresponding "MSYS Makefiles" or
"Unix Makefiles" generators.

[1] It might be accepting an acceptable make.exe too, don't remember.

--
Lars Viklund | zao_at_[hidden]