Subject: Re: [boost] [GSoC 2014] Http Server Proposal
From: Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira (vini.ipsmaker_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-08 12:18:53

Em Sáb, 2014-03-08 às 16:11 +0000, Niall Douglas escreveu:

> Did you have a specific mentor in mind for this proposal?

Not yet.

> I ask,
> because a strong proposal - which you already have now - also needs a
> proposed mentor to gain GSoC funding.

GSoC gives a certain degree of freedom for each organization and the
"rules" aren't general to all projects.

I'm not used to boost GSoC "rules". I thought that this was a valid
proposal, because the "Ideas/GSoC" page on the boost wiki mentioned the
"Protocol implementations for Boost.Asio" item. I didn't noticed such
warnings on the other pages (submission template, hints) also.

Now that you mentioned such need to have a proposed mentor earlier than
I expected, I became a little more worried.

> Moreover, that proposed mentor
> can help you whittle your current proposal into a suitable summer
> project work item, and I'd like to match you up as soon as possible.

If it's not a problem for you, I'd like to have your help in whittle my
proposal.

I just want to finish the descriptions/designs of a usable core set of
components before the decision of a timeline and deliverables. Do you
think it's a good idea?

--
Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira
https://about.me/vinipsmaker