Subject: [boost] Creating a new(-ish) library in modular boost ?
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-20 13:07:48

I have fumbled (and stumbled) trying to create a revised-possibly-to-be-proposed
for Boost library in the new modular boost format.

So far I have created a folder /modular-boost/svg_plot

And copied all the files into it in the new modular format and got the library
working OK (compiling, tests, examples, docs etc).

Then I created my repository by doing

I:\modular-boost\libs>git init svg_plot

Initialized empty Git repository in I:/modular-boost/libs/svg_plot/.git/

Then I GIT Added various files, and committed these to my repository. (Should I
have pushed?)

I tried to tell git to ignore some files like log files, etc (but I don't get a
.gitignore file when I think I should - the Tortoise GIT window has various
options like .gitignore in the repos root, but no 'OK' button, just a close??? I
have a .gitignore at /modular-boot/ but it does not contain the files to ignore
(and I would not expect it to).

I've set the GITHub default storage directory to \modular-boost\libs but a scan
for repos only find modular-boost

I went to my GITHUB page and followed the invitation to drag the svg_plot
repository onto the page. Some files are listed (but ones I want to ignore) and
then all options are unresponsive or greyed out and eventually GITHUB hangs and
then crashes :-(

So both GIT and I are confused !

Can anyone suggest what sequence of actions I should take to set this up?

Thanks

Paul

Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse