Subject: Re: [boost] [context] Don't hard-code the assembler
From: Oliver Kowalke (oliver.kowalke_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-04-01 17:00:58

> Please just use the assembler that the
> toolset provides.

I've to restrict the assembler implementation for the combination of
architecture/address-model/binary-format/ABI
to one assembler tool - otherwise I would be forced to provide asm-files
for the assembler tools available (masm, nasm, flat asm, ...)
- impossible.

On Windows MASM is used to compile boost.context - it was shipped with MS
Visual Studio an at some point MS decided
to move it from the MS Visual Studio to the MS WDK.

I'm not responsible how MS installs the development tools - probably you
could adjust your search path so you can call masm from the command prompt.
but I don't know if masm needs some environment variables set by using the
visual studio command prompt.