Subject: Re: [boost] [git] Near future.. How do we deal with git-native libraries?
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-04-05 17:13:05

On 5 April 2014 21:55, Karsten Ahnert <karsten.ahnert_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I have made now the necessary changes in the repository layout for
> boost. At least in a testing branch. I have also merged this changes
> into a testing branch of the official boost repo of odeint. I added our
> library as a remote (odeint_root) and did
>
> git reset --hard odeint_root/boost_integ
>
> This "destroys" the history. But I think in this case this is not so
> bad, since the real history is in the github version instead of the
> boost version. It seems to work for me. At least all tests are running.

I'm afraid we'll need to keep the history so that clones of older
versions of the super project will still work. But we can do that by
tagging the last version of the old master and develop, so it won't
have to be merged into the main branches' histories. This will be
disruptive for anyone who uses 'git pull' to update the module, but
hopefully this will be the last of such changes.

> How do we proceed now? I could merge the changes into the develop
> branch. Are the regression tests running somewhere, such that I could
> check that my changes are really ok?

The super project is automatically updated to the lastest
develop/master versions of every submodule. The odeint test results
are at:

http://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/numeric-odeint.html