Subject: Re: [boost] [winrt support] Adding support for Windows 8 store/phone to Boost libraries
From: Glen Fernandes (glen.fernandes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-04-28 14:51:48

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 11:14 AM, stgates <stgates_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Thanks. To be clear here Microsoft is aware of this work, and is evolving.
> It isn't something being done only in my spare time. Microsoft is getting
> much better about open source.

I'm glad to hear it. I left Microsoft for Intel just recently
(February), and my experience at MS was very different with regards to
OSS contributions. When I was contributing to Boost (Smart_Ptr) in my
spare time at that, it involved a lengthy process for LCA approval.

That said, I believe the rules were always different for MS Open Tech,
than they were for the rest of us. :-)

Glen