Subject: Re: [boost] [GSoC, MPL11] Community probe
From: Roland Bock (rbock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-01 02:24:17

On 2014-05-01 00:34, Louis Dionne wrote:
> Roland Bock <rbock <at> eudoxos.de> writes:
>
>> The type set is part of sqlpp11:
>> https://github.com/rbock/sqlpp11/blob/master/include/sqlpp11/detail/type_set.h
>>
>> It is a bit messy right now, but the basic idea should be obvious.
>> Please let me know if you have questions.
> Thanks a lot! The type set implementation is nice; I had not thought about
> that way to do it. If you don't mind, would like to add an implementation
> inspired by yours to the set of techniques I'm benchmarking for the MPL11.
> Of course, I will give you proper credits.
Sure, I appreciate that!

If you're looking for other ways, I also had an older one, which I
thought just had to be faster (using multiple inheritance and
is_base_of), but at least for my purposes it did not make a difference:

https://github.com/rbock/sqlpp11/blob/0.8/include/sqlpp11/detail/set.h

I'd be interested in how that implementation performs in your tests, too :-)

> As an aside, I think your `all_t` and `any_t` metafunctions could be
> more efficient. I'm currently (literally right now) benchmarking different
> implementations for those; I will notify you if there is a better alternative.
Looking forward to that :-)

Thanks and regards,

Roland