Subject: Re: [boost] Trac request states - suggestion
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-14 04:56:23

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 12:42 PM, Neil Groves <neilgroves_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Dear Boost Developers,
>
> While working with Trac to maintain Boost.Range I find that I frequently have solved issues but they are not ready to be merged to master due to the release schedule. I haven’t noticed a way in Trac to denote that the issue is fixed and waiting to be merged. This means that I frequently look up tickets that I have forgotten I have fixed. It also means that I have a sub-optimal process for merging to master.
>
> I wondered if we might be able to squeeze in a “fixed in branch” field. It would help me considerably. Do other developers think this would help? Do you solve this in another, perhaps better way?

I usually leave a message that the ticket is fixed in develop with a
link to the commit. With Boost.Log I periodically merge develop into
master and then close all those tickets. This way I'm sure I don't
forget anything.

It doesn't work well with cherry picking approach though. Maybe it is
possible to create pull requests to merge individual commits from
develop to master, but I didn't try. In any case, a new status would
be useful at least to be able to filter such tickets.