Subject: [boost] [gil] Status of gil:: extension:: io
From: William Gallafent (william_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-15 07:23:41

Hi all,

I noticed that a major update to gil's io extension was accepted into
boost in 2011[1].

It disappeared from its own development repository in 2013[2].

It isn't present in boost 1.55[3].

It is present in boost's subversion trunk[4].

There's currently no mention of it in the release notice for boost 1.56[5].

Am I right to say that its presence in boost trunk means that it
/will/ be included in boost 1.56, it just needs to be added to the
documentation? If so, then great! Is there anything which needs to be
fixed before it's ready to ship? I didn't see anything obvious when I
searched this list's archives for “[gil]”.

Thanks in particular to Christian, everybody else that worked on the
io_new extension, and those that reviewed it! It's very useful to me,
and I'm looking forward to its integration into boost so I don't have
to add it myself from boost trunk :)

[1] http://lists.boost.org/boost-announce/2011/01/0281.php
[2] https://code.google.com/p/gil-contributions/source/detail?r=795
[3] http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/tags/release/Boost_1_55_0/boost/gil/extension/io/