Subject: Re: [boost] Community Maintenance Team and neglected libraries
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-15 17:15:03

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 8:46 PM, Ben Pope <benpope81_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Wednesday, April 23, 2014 04:08 AM, Edward Diener wrote:
>

>> None of these are in
>> the list of libraries which the community maintenance team has write
>> acces to apply fixes.
>>
>> Hopefully the developers who do have write access to these libraries
>> will look at the issues involved.
>>

> Not having write access is the problem, it's a barrier to the CMT
> achieving their first two goals of keeping boost building and a healthy
> test matrix.

The context of those goals is the libraries maintained by the CMT, not all
Boost libraries.

We are expanding the responsibility of the CMT to field queries about pull
requests and eventually other maintenance requests where the library
maintainer isn't responding, but we are certainly are not asking the CMT to
get involved in libraries with active, responsive maintainers.

--Beman