Subject: Re: [boost] [test] Looking for co-developer/maintainer
From: Richard (legalize+jeeves_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-20 15:24:26

boost_at_[hidden] spake the secret code
<op.xf5gz4whklynuq_at_[hidden]> thusly:

>Ouch, that's a little harsh.

Yes, it is.

Sorry, but I reached my limit in tolerating people indirectly or directly
impugning my character because I decided to fix the main weakness of
Boost.Test after waiting 6 years for it to be done by the maintainer.

>Unfortunately these kind of statements take
>away from the merits of your argument.

And vice-versa. I'm now less inclined to listen to people griping
when they take a roundabout ad-hominem attack approach to their
complaints.

Somehow my documentation is "lacking" yet noone can point to something
specific that it lacks.

>You've noted that you're not interested in forking the library. Why not
>just "fork" the documentation. That is permanently host your alternative
>documentation somewhere else, and every time you post to a ML include a
>link to it. That, and if your documentation proves popular enough it will
>show up in the top one or two spots on Google and it will then become the
>"defacto" documentation.

The maintainer has expressed interest in contributions. I will issue
a pull request with the docs. It will then be in the hands of the
maintainer.

     The Computer Graphics Museum <http://computergraphicsmuseum.org>
  Legalize Adulthood! (my blog) <http://legalizeadulthood.wordpress.com>