Subject: Re: [boost] [ptr_container] pull request: test values were swapped
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-22 07:52:57

On 22 May 2014 11:59, Thorsten Ottosen <thorsten.ottosen_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 22-05-2014 10:20, Daniel James wrote:
>>
>> I'll try to clean up some of the old changes. There are some old
>> changes on develop which don't seem to be release-worthy (stateful
>> clone_allocators and support for const elements) so I'll probably
>> revert them on develop, and create a feature branch in case anyone
>> wants to deal with them. I'll probably cherry-pick the other fixes
>> from develop to master to get things up to date.
>

> I got request for both stateful allocators and suport for const elements.
> But I never got to ask for feedback on it. Support for
> const elements seems like a worthy extension IMO.

Is it something you can get ready for release? It makes life difficult
having release and develop out of sync. If it's something that might
be done in the future, then putting it on a feature branch would mean
it could be merged in later. Git doesn't track cherry-picks so it's
generally better to set up a merge based flow of changes.

Btw. when I said 'release-worthy' I meant 'in a suitable condition for
release', not whether it's worth doing. Sorry if that was ambiguous.