Subject: Re: [boost] Boost 1.56 timeframe
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-23 07:49:21

On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 7:10 AM, John Maddock <boost.regex_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> Is there a timeframe for the release of Boost 1.56? The current 1.56 page
>>> simply states that it's at an early stage in its release cycle (but it has
>>> said this for months).
>>>
>>> http://www.boost.org/users/history/version_1_56_0.html
>>>

>> Fixed. Hopefully it's clearer now.
>>

> I still don't see a release schedule on the calendar - do we have one yet?
>
> Yes. Discussed and decided in Aspen. We are going to pick up the regular
schedule. I assume that means the next release will be scheduled for the
first Monday in August, but Marshall will be verifying that.

Several other important decisions were made last week at various C++Now
meetings, but haven't been posted to the list yet. Beyond the usual catch
up after being out-of-the-office for a week, today is the deadline for
papers for the upcoming C++ standards committee meeting, and most of the
Boost people involved are in ship mode trying to finish committee papers.

--Beman