Subject: Re: [boost] [config][predef] Is it OK for boost.config to depend on boost.predef?
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-29 08:52:08

On 29 May 2014 12:59, Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Also, Git says you merged the new version of <boost/detail/endian.hpp> to
> master on 9/9/13, and merged libs/predef develop to master on 1/2/14. What
> am I missing?

The predef master branch isn't a continuation of the subversion
release branch, we switched to the original git branch a while ago, so
the histories of the two repos aren't going to be in sync (this was
agreed long before the git conversion, so no complaining please).
Checkouts of old versions of the superproject will be, so if you want
to look at historical versions, that's the place to look. This is
actually the case in general as some modules have done fast-forward
merges to master, so you can't tell when a change was merged to
release, only when it was first committed.