Subject: [boost] ptr_vector requiring non-const iterator for insert
From: Florian Burkart (florian.burkart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-31 06:05:44

Hi,

I noticed that ptr_vector requires a non-const iterator for insert.

This is inherited from ptr_sequence_adapter, which defines

iterator insert( iterator position, T* x );

Under C++11, this differs from std::vector, which, since C++11, is happy to
take const_iterators.

iterator insert( const_iterator pos, const T& value );

I read somewhere that C++11 was attempting to clear up some confusion in
the standard between iterator constness and container constness.

Just wondering whether this should be adopted (e.g. changed) in ptr
containers. Gave me an error when I switched from vector to ptr_vector in a
drop-in fashion. Not sure whether that is already planned, but google
didn't find anything.

Florian