Subject: Re: [boost] Proposal: Boost.Core
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-02 11:46:12

Andrey Semashev wrote:
> I don't mind documenting. The problem is where that documentation should
> live.
> I don't want to expose documentation on implementation details to Boost
> users, encouraging them to use these tools.

That's a legitimate concern in principle. We'll need to decide, at some
point, what happens with future components that would have previously went
into Detail, but now need to be their own separate modules.

But in this case, I see no harm in exposing the developer documentation of
Winapi to Boost users. The Windows API is fixed. Taking away, in a
subsequent release, an API function already present in Winapi also doesn't
seem likely or desirable.