Subject: Re: [boost] Proposal: Boost.Core
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-02 15:14:04

Glen Fernandes wrote:
> I've (in the main repository):
> 1. Moved lightweight_test.hpp and no_exceptions_support.hpp into Core
> and (viewable in my fork):
> 2. Moved addressof.hpp, noncopyable.hpp, lightweight_test.hpp,
> no_exceptions_support.hpp into boost/core/
> (And created redirect headers for backward compatibility)
> 3. Created Quickbook documentation for addressof, noncopyable, and
> initial documentation for lightweight_test, no_exceptions_support

You can go ahead with these changes as far as I'm concerned, except that
there's no need to move empty_deleter.hpp to core.

In the lightweight_test documentation, it needs to be said that the intent
of report_errors() is to be returned from main(). We can add a minimal
example, too. Something like

#include <boost/core/lightweight_test.hpp>

void sqr( int x ); // should return x*x

int main()
{
    BOOST_TEST( sqr( 2 ) == 4 );
    BOOST_TEST_EQ( sqr(-3), 9 );

    return boost::report_errors();
}

ref's documentation is currently in libs/bind/doc/ref.xml, in BoostBook (?)
format (it wasn't converted by me.)