Subject: Re: [boost] [Config] Announce: New Build time configuration feature
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-06 04:01:18

>> In develop only is a new feature to make configuring targets at build
>> time easier, from the docs:
>
> [snip]
>
>> Let me know what you think, and enjoy :-)
>
> Looks great, thanks for implementing this. A couple of questions:
>
> - Is it possible to use it to conditionally compile parts of the libraries? My
> gut feeling tells me that it should...

This is a simplified wrapper around an underlying Boost.Build feature,
it's a one shot build or don't build feature.

The underlying Boost.Build check-target-builds feature allows you to do
almost anything, add:

[ check-target-builds existing-target : true-properties : false-properties ]

To your build requirements: see the Multiprecision test Jamfile for
examples of use.

John.