Subject: Re: [boost] New dependency report
From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-09 00:57:16

El 09/06/2014 0:24, Andrey Semashev escribió:
> On Sunday 08 June 2014 23:53:41 Ion Gaztañaga wrote:
>>
>> TypeTraits would not be MPL
>> dependant. MPL could depend on TypeTraits and Core.
>
> mpl::bool_ is not the only thing TypeTraits uses from MPL, so this dependency
> won't go that easily. This is arguably true for other libraries as well.
> Pulling more things from MPL to Core will make it heavier. I'd like to keep
> MPL stuff localized and IMHO Core is not the right place for it.

Sorry, I missed the rest of dependencies. The circular dependency
between MPL and TypeTraits doesn't sound very good from a a design point
of view.

However, from other libraries' point of view,
integral_constant/true_type/false_type seems to be a very general
concept that could be in Core.

Best,

Ion