Subject: Re: [boost] [random] new threefry random engine
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-13 13:45:45

Watanabe
> Sent: 13 June 2014 18:22
> To: boost_at_[hidden]
> Subject: Re: [boost] [random] new threefry random engine
>
> AMDG
>
> On 06/13/2014 09:17 AM, John Salmon wrote:
> > On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 2:48 PM, John Salmon <john_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> >

> >> Can we agree that counter_based_engine, implemented roughly along
> >> these lines is a worthwhile addition to Boost.Random? If so, what's
> >> the way forward?

> The main thing I need is documentation as doxygen+quickbook.
>
> Sure. The headers aren't a big deal, since it's trivial for me to copy files,
but the
> documentation does need to be integrated into the Boost.Random docs.

I might be able to help with doxygen+Quickbook - getting the toolchain set up is
tiresome.

https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/BoostDocs/GettingStarted

If you've got it set up right, then you should be able to rebuild the existing
docs in the modular-boost tree.

Or I could start with your plain text notes, perhaps pasted onto to a plain text
dump of the existing html, and edit this in Quickbook syntax and you (and
others) can view the result.

A GIT branch sounds essential.

But I can't do this for a few weeks :-(

Paul