Subject: Re: [boost] New dependency report
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-13 20:12:22

Eric Niebler wrote:
> Whether the base classes are a mistake or not, they're a fact. And without
> changing std::integral_constant, we cannot make type traits as you
> describe them play nicely with code that dispatches to
> std::true_type/std::false_type.

I don't see why code that uses a Boost type trait should dispatch to
std::true_type and expect that to work. Dispatch to std::true_type makes
sense when using an std:: type trait. When using a Boost type trait,
dispatch to boost::true_type seems the most logical approach.

Removing the base classes of the existing Boost type traits is obviously a
breaking change, of course.