Subject: Re: [boost] C++ committee meeting report
From: beet (r.berlich_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-29 08:53:13

Am 27.06.14 14:08, schrieb Niall Douglas:
> [...]
> Now a subset of it will become the standard networking library, I
> hope that all other async proposals before the committee can be
> amended to assume its existence, and that those async proposals -
> especially those from proprietary vendors based on their proprietary
> platform technologies - which can't or won't fit ASIO should be
> discarded from consideration immediately.

What I believe is missing for C++ to get to the next level is a standard
serialization proposal. Networking in the standard is great, but for
many distributed computing tasks you will need serialization as well.

Any chance of bringing Boost.Serialization in for C++17 ? It is
established and in production use since years, and Robert did a great
job with this library.

Best Regards,
Beet