Subject: Re: [boost] ASIO into the standard
From: james (james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-02 16:47:22

On 02/07/2014 14:17, Niall Douglas wrote:
> this case equals POSIX. This is why I said that Windows support
> cannot be standardised and would have to be omitted.
This is rather like saying the usefulness of the thing would have to be
omitted,
at least as a cross-platform solution. And if its *NIX only, I'd just
use libev
anyway. AIO is a hard sell on *NIX given the micro-optimisations that have
been applied historically.

Standards should help us do our jobs, and not the other way around. If the
standardisation process doesn't address portability to such a major platform
then its arguably failed from the get-go.