Subject: Re: [boost] ASIO into the standard (was: Re: C++ committee meeting report)
From: pfultz2 (pfultz2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-03 10:40:29

> There is also a strong argument that anything in ASIO which isn't
> async needs to go.

Honestly, I think that the sync io could actually pave the way for replacing
the iostreams mess. I have actually used file io built on top of asio's sync
stream concepts. It actually works very nicely. I was actually able to read
directly from files using `boost::asio::read`. The only thing missing was a
Seekable concept for streams that can seek and report their position, which
is
important for implementing buffering.