Subject: Re: [boost] ASIO into the standard (was: Re: C++ committee meeting report)
From: Jonathan Wakely (jwakely.boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-08 12:03:33

On 5 July 2014 21:00, Niall Douglas wrote:
> I am grateful for the clarification, but I think my original
> statement was correct yes? STL containers don't have a noexcept move
> constructor in C++ 11 due to allocators?

No, that's not correct.

It's because some implementations either need at least one node even
in an empty container (which requires the moved-from object to
allocate memory after it's move from) or because debugging "safe STL"
implementations perform memory allocation during a move.

Although those reasons are related to memory allocation, they're not
to do with Allocators, the same reasons would apply if everything used
malloc().