Subject: Re: [boost] ASIO into the standard
From: Glen Fernandes (glen.fernandes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-11 22:36:42

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 5:49 PM, Niall Douglas wrote:

> I assume by allocators you mean specifically STL allocators?

Yes. Or, to be sure we're talking about the same thing, what I'm saying is:

For any C++ standard library container class template 'C that has an
'Allocator' template parameter type and whose constructor accepts an
instance of 'Allocator': i.e.

template<..., class Allocator>
class C {
public:
    C(..., const Allocator& alloc = Allocator());
};

Then the implementation of that container 'C' must use an instance of
'std::allocator_traits<Allocator>::rebind_alloc<unspecified>' that
compares equal to 'alloc' (i.e. a rebound copy of 'alloc'), for all
dynamic allocation that it does.

For "supports allocators" to mean anything less than this, is just not useful.

Glen