Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost Library Incubator] Unable to submit library
From: Barend Gehrels (barend_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-21 17:20:12

Hi,

Jürgen Hunold wrote On 21-7-2014 15:54:
> Hi,
>
> Am Montag, 21. Juli 2014, 09:40:22 schrieb Edward Diener:
>> On 7/21/2014 9:21 AM, Paul A. Bristow wrote:
>> You have made a good point, but the principle remains the same:
>> generated information which can easily change when some "source" changes
>> is a PITA for any source control system.
>>
>>> I think that until we have fully digested modular-GIT, that's not going to
>>> happen either.
>> For Boost libraries does anybody put their generated documentation on
>> Git ? I know that I don't for TTI.
> Most of them were added long ago in svn times.
> "find libs -name "html" -type d | wc -l" finds 37 libraries with html docs
> checked in.

This command might give the wrong impression. An html folder does not
mean these are generated files. We (Boost.Geometry) for example generate
documentation which is not submitted into git. But there are some images
which are in the html folder and not generated, those are added to git.

Regards, Barend