Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Any and RTTI
From: Antony Polukhin (antoshkka_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-27 13:33:43

> Hi,
>
> I need a Boost.Any like facility that doesn't depend on RTTI, so I patched
> Boost.Any to utilize Boost.TypeIndex if BOOST_NO_RTTI is defined.
>
> The diff is available here;
>
> https://github.com/cdglove/any/commit/7188b13909a061495ef31f979b55f9779a9e992f
>

> Is there any interest in merging this into mainline? Or is someone working
> on a more correct patch than this?

There is a set of patches allowing different Boost libraries to work
without RTTI right in the repo of the TypeIndex:
https://github.com/boostorg/type_index/tree/master/patched

Those patches will be applied to the 1.57 version of Boost.
TypeIndex is a new library and it is better to get some notes and reviews
from users, before migrating other libraries to it. That's why those
patches did not make their way into Boost 1.56

If you'll find some issues in those patches, feel free to contact me or
write to this mailing list. I'll appreciate any help.

--
Best regards,
Antony Polukhin