Subject: Re: [boost] quince: queries in C++ expressions
From: Richard (legalize+jeeves_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-29 19:13:20

Michael Shepanski <mps_at_[hidden]> spake the secret code
<53C8D486.4090006_at_[hidden]> thusly:

>The thing that amazes me most is that we are such a small club. When I
>read things online about how ORM is "the Vietnam of computer science",
>and the way people seemed to have coined the phrase "impedance mismatch"
>specifically to mean "I'm sad because I can't write queries in my
>programming language", I wonder why everyone isn't attempting this.

They've been doing it in .NET for quite a while with LINQ:
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb397926.aspx>

...but it required changes to the .NET runtime and the language syntax;
it wasn't provided as an EDSL.

     The Computer Graphics Museum <http://computergraphicsmuseum.org>
  Legalize Adulthood! (my blog) <http://legalizeadulthood.wordpress.com>