Subject: Re: [boost] [1.56.0 b1] Issue with mpl/is_convertable/asio
From: Eric Niebler (eniebler_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-29 21:37:49

On 7/29/2014 12:26 AM, Andrey Semashev wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 6:55 AM, Andrey Semashev
> <andrey.semashev_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> On Monday 28 July 2014 16:55:51 Thomas Suckow wrote:
>>> In testing '1.56.0 Beta 1' I have found that I am unable to compile
>>> https://github.com/splunk/pion on RHEL6_x64 Pion compiles fine with 1.55.0
>>
>> I think it's the same issue that has been described here:
>>
>> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/249985/focus=249986
>>
>> I can create a pull request to fix this locally in ASIO, if there is a chance
>> to merge it into 1.56. But that will only fix this particular breakage; I
>> can't tell if there are other similar places.
>
> https://github.com/boostorg/asio/pull/7
>
> I tried to compile pion 5.0.6 with gcc 4.4.7 with this change and it
> succeeded. I'd appreciate if someone could merge it to develop.

This isn't a bug in Asio, so that's the wrong fix (I think). The fix
belongs in Boost.Range, and fixing it there will save this kind of
heartache for many more people.

Thomas, Andrey: Can one of you apply the following patch to libs/range
and tell me if pion compiles successfully with it. (I've been
unsuccessful configuring pion myself.)

https://github.com/boostorg/range/pull/16

Andrey, if you can test this, be sure to revert your change to Asio first.

Thanks,
Eric