Subject: Re: [boost] synchorize or strand
From: Gavin Lambert (gavinl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-31 19:12:45

On 1/08/2014 00:19, dd wrote:
> There is multi-threaded application which will access data containers at
> the same time. Which is the best choice between synchronization and strands.

Strands are a kind of synchronisation. I assume you meant mutexes.

Your question is too general and it's not really possible to answer it.
  Different solutions will be optimal (in performance) depending on the
load characteristics of the application and any timing guarantees that
it requires; this may or may not coincide with which style of code you
find it simpler to write and verify for correctness.