Subject: Re: [boost] Understanding Jam Files
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-31 22:31:40

AMDG

On 07/28/2014 02:30 PM, Axel Ismirlian wrote:

> So if I wanted to write a user-config.jam, will just simply placing it in
> the same place as where the project-config.jam cause boost to detect the
> user-config.jam? Basically, the property that my platform is missing is the
> <addressing model>. In other platforms I have seen this property as
> <address model>32 and <address model>64, but on aix the tag doesn't even
> show up. It just doesn't exist for whatever reason. Do you think writing a
> user-config file where I add it manually is worthwhile? Because with the
> user-config file I could also just simply write the flags I'm passing in as
> part of my build right? That in my opinion would make the most sense.

<address-model> is left blank unless it's explicitly
specified by the user. I believe the way it's handled is
- if address-model is specified, then pass whatever
  flags you need to the compiler
- otherwise, use the compiler's default.

If you always want this flag or you always want it
for a specific toolset, then I suppose it makes
sense to set in in user-config.jam.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe