Subject: [boost] [python] Building and Testing needs to be updated for modular-boost
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-08-01 21:42:57

Attempting to follow the building and testing explanation for
Boost.Python in modular-boost, it appears it no longer works with the
new structure of modular-boost and Boost Build.

Staring with the 3.1 Basic Procedure section I invoke in the
libs/python/example/quickstart/ directory the command:

> b2 toolset=gcc-4.8.1 --verbose-test test

only to receive:

> Unable to load Boost.Build: could not find build system.
> C:\Programming\VersionControl\modular-boost\libs\python\example\quickstart\boost-build.jam attempted to load the build system by invoking
>
> 'boost-build ../../../../tools/build/v2 ;'
>
> but we were unable to find "bootstrap.jam" in the specified directory
> or in BOOST_BUILD_PATH (searching C:\Programming\VersionControl\modular-boost\libs\python\example\quickstart\../../../../tools/build/v2).
>
> Please consult the documentation at 'http://www.boost.org'.

I do not know who is taking care of Boost Python now but it appears that
it needs to be updated for modular-boost.