Subject: Re: [boost] Showstopper for Boost 1.56?
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-08-03 16:45:32

On 3 Aug 2014 at 13:35, Eric Niebler wrote:

> > The problem with changing the jam files is that end-users will also get
> > the change where <warnings>all does not specify '-pedantic' where they
> > might really want it to.
>
> Since nobody has made a definite suggestion or submitted a patch, this
> issue will in all likelihood not be fixed for 1.56. Sorry, guys.

No one seemed to want a consensus. And I don't have privs to enforce
a fix across Boost, or I would have.

I can't wait for the clang folk to realise that Boost 1.56 outputs
many megabytes of warning spew on clang. I hope it goes viral on G+.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting
http://www.nedproductions.biz/