Subject: Re: [boost] Showstopper for Boost 1.56?
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-08-10 18:41:50

On 5 Aug 2014 at 0:38, Edward Diener wrote:

> >> In your original config.h you had turned off variadic macro support for
> >> clang unconditionally. Then I turned it on unconditionally after
> >> complaints from Boost users and developers and being told by clang
> >> developers that clang has always supported variadic macros. However if
> >> the necessary clang compiler options are not on ( probably something
> >> like gcc's std=c++0x option ), clang issues lots of warnings when you
> >> use variadic macros although the output is fine.
> >
> > The warnings are emitted in C++11 mode, see how the topic started.
>
> I do see this now. I forgot the discussion that specified that this was
> happening.

If the OP was me, I was originally mistaken. AFIO sets -std=c++0x for
itself, but AFIO does not generate any warnings.

It is AFIO's dependent libraries in Boost which generate the
warnings, and these are compiled with whatever default flags each
library has. These are C++03 mode.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting