Subject: [boost] [git] [filesystem] [system] [timer...] Remove useless SVN branches?
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-08-18 08:55:00

Boost library repos converted from Subversion are littered with branches
created by the conversion process that seem to me to be quite useless. For
example, Boost filesystem has 65 branches, yet only 10 or so have any
usefulness I'm aware of. A lot of the useless branches have names that
begin "sandbox" or "svn-". I go back to the subversion repo when I want to
look at pre-git-conversion history.

Is there any point in retaining these branches?

Does anyone object if I remove these branches from the libraries where I am
the maintainer?

What are other maintainers doing about stale branches?

--Beman