Subject: Re: [boost] [Http] Request for comments
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-08-22 08:24:46

On 22 Aug 2014 at 3:05, Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira wrote:

> > My first thought when reading your docs is "what does using this
> > library do for me?" I didn't discover the answer by the end of the
> > docs.
>
> This library boils down to providing HTTP producers (e.g. HTTP
standalone
> > servers) and concepts to permit user-provided producers to collaborate
> > (i.e. communicate) with any other written HTTP consumer. A few HTTP
> > consumers (e.g. file server) are also provided to increase your
> > productivity. It's fine to use this library to write a web chat application.

You've not convinced me why I should use your library and not write
some ad hoc code which would be "good enough".

You've not convinced me why I should use your library and not an
alternative, including one written in Python or PHP.

At the front of your docs, you need to have me convinced by the end
of page 2 that there is no better library than yours, including on
other languages. Evidence such as an excellent literature review
covering alternatives and benchmarks between your code and
alternatives are steps in the right direction.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting
http://www.nedproductions.biz/